BRILLIANT BOBCAT AWARD
In order to receive the Brilliant Bobcat Award, your child needs to complete 14 out of 17 of the activities.
1. Name and label the 50 states on a map by regions.
2. Know the 50 state capitals by regions.
3. Complete all requirements for the History Fair on time and receive an 80% or better.
4. Score 80% or better on 6 math block/benchmark tests.
5. Read 5,000 minutes for the year.
6. Have no more than 5 absences or 5 tardies for the school year.
7. Memorize and recite the Preamble to the Constitution.
8. Participate in 1 school related activity: Reflections, orchestra, choir, student council, or any special activity approved by your teacher.
9. Master multiplication facts in 3 minutes with 100% accuracy.
10. Complete all assigned book reports on time.
11. Memorize and recite the Bill of Rights.
12. Receive the Presidential or National Fitness Award.
13. Create a well thought out poster on one of the science units: Electricity, Magnets, Matter, Land Formations, or Heredity or create a 3-D landform model.
14. Complete lesson 30 in KBK with at least 24 words per minute.
15. Complete a power point presentation on U.S. History with a minimum of 14 slides.
16. Memorize and recite the prepositions.
17. State report. (Requirements will be sent home by the teacher)
The Brilliant Bobcat Award is voluntary. Those students who complete the requirements will receive special recognition at the end of the year. We will be working on this throughout the year, but the students are responsible for satisfying the requirements.