complete 16 out of 20 of the activities.
- Display good citizenship (Excellent or Satisfactory marks on work skills and social skills on the report card).
- Earn the Young American Award (Packets will be sent home).
- Name and label the 50 states on a map by regions.
- Know the 50 state capitals by regions.
- Complete all requirements for the History Fair on time.
- Score 80% or better on 6 math block tests.
- Read 150 minutes per week.
- Have no more than 5 absences or 5 tardies for the school year.
- Memorize and recite the Preamble to the Constitution.
- Participate in 1 extracurricular activity: Reflections, orchestra, choir, student council, or any special activity approved by your teacher.
- Master multiplication facts in 3 minutes with 100% accuracy.
- Complete all assigned book reports.
- Graduate from DARE.
- Memorize the Bill of Rights.
- Receive the Presidential or National Fitness Award.
- Run the mile in 10 minutes.
- Create a well thought out poster on one of the science units: Electricity, Magnets, Matter, Land Formations, or Heredity or create a 3-D landform model.
- Complete lesson 20 in KBK with at least 24 words per minute.
- Complete a power point presentation on U.S. History.
- Memorize the prepositions.
The Brilliant Bobcat Award is voluntary. Those students who complete
the requirements will receive special recognition at the end of the year.
We will be working on this throughout the year, but the students are
responsible for satisfying the requirements.