Principal's Message


Dear Parents and Students,

We just finished all of our Halloween festivities at school and look forward to approaching the seasons of Thanks and of Giving.  I would like to express my appreciation to a wonderful staff, to kind and contributing community members, and to the impressive students that attend Butterfield Canyon.

As I am in and out of classrooms throughout the day, I see the result of careful preparation on the part of invested teachers as students are engaged in the learning process and display an excitement for learning that is contagious. I am continually impressed with the responsible behavior displayed by your students along with a love of learning that you’ve helped instill in them.

It is humbling and encouraging to see the support our school receives from the parents in this community.  I am aware of, and appreciative for, the amount of time that classroom volunteers, committee members, and our dedicated PTA board spend to optimize the educational experience not only for their children, but for all the students at Butterfield Canyon. On a personal note, I would like to thank you for helping me to feel so welcome here. Let me share an experience that illustrates how gracious your children are: Towards the beginning of the school year, as I entered the lunchroom, students began randomly standing up, clapping and waving.  It wasn’t long before the entire lunchroom had joined in on an unsolicited standing ovation.  I took a grateful bow and resolved that I would work hard to always warrant the kind gesture offered that day. 

Mrs. Stewart-Browning and I had the opportunity to read some spooky Halloween stories to the classes in the days leading up to the 31st.  It was fun to see them all dressed up in their costumes at the PTA sponsored Trunk-or-Treat and at the school’s Halloween parade.  It was also great to have Oompa Loompa’s join us for the parade: